Does your business have too many items, and you have decided that you need to do something with it? But where do you start looking for low-cost storage? No matter where you live in the United States undoubtedly you passed several storage facilities every day on your way to work. What differentiates one from the other is often not more than the price. With the economy continuing its roller coaster ride, of course, you want to find low cost storage solutions, if possible.
Finding storage at low cost is not a very difficult task, but it requires some leg work on your part. There are several ways to find low cost storage. Below are presented several ways to find low cost storage.
- “Let your fingers do the walking’s true”, break old yellow pages of confidence. Go and choose from several different storage facilities near you and get their prices. Make sure you have the prices of different units of different sizes, as you never know what unity is advisable to get once you see them. Also be sure to ask for prices on a non-conditioning unit (normal air), as well as an air conditioning unit. Sometimes you can upgrade to a climate controlled unit by a few dollars more per month.
- Like almost everything else these days, help in finding storage at low cost is just a few Google search away. Go to any search engine and type of what you want – cheap storage – as well as your city and state. You will be bombarded with a multitude of storage companies in your area. You can get even more specific and enter your zip code in the search for the most accurate results. The wonderful thing about searching online is that many times the prices of all the different units are usually right on the structure of website. Some sites also provide a service for the calculation of the rate for storage; in order to complete a module allows you to get a quote from several different storage facilities.
- Beating the streets; If you want to limit your search to a certain area, say a specific distance between your house and the storage unit, then you can always take to the streets and visit the different structures of storage units to see what’s cheaper. While you cannot find the cheapest funds available, it is one that is within the established parameters. We hope that is in a price range that fits your budget.
- Find the best deal; the containers are constantly working deals to attract new customers to their facilities. That can mean big savings for you, the consumer. Storage companies offer deals that include saving 10% off until one month’s free rent to attract new customers. Waiting for one such occasion to come can be the best way to save money.
- Another way to get the best deal is to explore different means of storing your valuables. By far the most popular is the individual storage units. However, you may find better deals by thinking outside the box. This type of storage is an operation of internal storage. All units are in and closed as you would find in a mall space.
- Consider the portable storage drive. Portable storage is also a growing industry. Companies such as Portable Storage Pods and UPAK offer units which come to you. The company offers a large container to pack and maintain your property. When the unit is full, you call the company and decide where to hold the objects. It can be delivered to a new address or returned to the company for safekeeping. Due to the fact that these businesses are still growing, offer discounts to new and old customers.
- Word of mouth. The best advertising a company can have is happy customers. Finding a storage unit at low cost can be as simple as asking friends and family if they know where to find the best deal. It is possible that, even if they don’t have a storage unit, to know where to find one.
Remember that getting cheap prices is only the first step. Always be sure to really look at the unit before delivering the first month’s rent. The reason is simple: the size. Yes, five meters by five meters in size is the same everywhere, but what can be different is the height of the apparatus. If a unit is only three feet high and one is 15 meters high, then more space you get with it. If you are good to stack you can pack more elements in the second unit. The highest unit may be a little shorter. But if you cannot meet all your entries into shorter units, you could if go to the next size and pay even more money.
Cheap storage units are available and ready to be rented, it is just up to you to find them. The only way to do this is to do your homework first. Using the methods mentioned above is likely to find a storage unit that fits your budget in no time.